Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"you have great style..."

Yesterday I got the shock of my life at pub trivia. Someone actually complimented me on my style! This praise came from a colleague I work with at the library. She told me that I always look adorable and very appropriate for the library. This illicited only one reaction from me: laughter.

It isn't that I can't take a compliment, which I believe I can. It's just that this is something that I used to be teased about (and by some of my student assistants I still am!). I have always dressed like a librarian even before I really knew that I wanted to be one. It's all cardigans, horn-rimmed glasses, lots of tights, and sensible shoes. It takes a lot of talent and a great optometrist to keep this look maintained.

Below I have featured some of my signature pieces..
it's all about the glasses. a great pair can be timeless and sexy. 
I am the self-professed cardigan queen. among my favorites are bold and bright colors, like this one in canary yellow.
skinny jeans, enough said.
lastly, you've gotta have some footwear that is practical and stylish

No comments:

Post a Comment