Wednesday, September 15, 2010

one is the loneliest number

before I settle in to working on my first big assignment that is due Friday, I of course wanted to take some time to update my blog (procrastination is my middle name).

I have never lived alone before. Until now I was either cohabiting with my family or with roommates. So this whole thing is brand new. I can no longer blame my messy apartment on the faults of my roommates or rely on anyone else to be there when things get a little crazy. Honestly, it isn't the company or the feeling of security that I miss the most, but rather I really just miss cooking for my roommates. The simple act of coming home from the day and deciding that we would have family dinner. I would plan it in my head, make the preparations, round everyone together, and we would just come together and eat. So I guess I do miss the company and conversation. There is something about coming together over a fresh meal and exchanging the day to day, laughing, and buzzing with what's happening. I mean I could do this now, with new friends, but it isn't the same.

Logistically it never occurred to me how much cooking for one SUCKS. It is really hard to make a lasagna for one person... or just even purchasing food is a hassle. I am constantly thinking about how I will use something before it goes bad. I used to be able to buy whatever and be fairly confident that one or all of my roommates would end up finishing it off. It was something I loved, being able to share with them. Now I just share with myself and it is getting old...

No comments:

Post a Comment