Friday, March 23, 2012

back to the grind.. literally.

I'm BACK! Vacation was glorious, but now it is back to the library. I'd been gone for almost a whole week, which is the most time I've had off since I started this job back in August. However, I came back to some intense library renovations happening all around me.

One of the library's that I currently work at is closing at the end of the semester. We've all knew the day was coming and have been preparing all sorts of reports and data over the course of the last semester. When I got back though... there were no books! They'd all been transferred out to their future homes. It is the craziest thing seeing all of these shelves without any thing on them.

So there is that, but there is also some intense brick work being done on the exterior of the main building. The structure was built in the 1920s and is definitely showing some signs of wear and tear. Apparently they are removing the grouting and then re-grouting and fixing some of the damage. This requires a large amount of drilling. Today is the day that they are doing it right outside my library. JOY. I've been enduring 3 hours of lovely drilling. Only 3 more to go...

where's the advil?

No comments:

Post a Comment