Tuesday, March 27, 2012

blergh

Spring break was great, however coming back from spring break and realizing that I totally screwed myself for this first week back was not so awesome. I made the mistake of hastily reading my assignments for this week and completely overlooking the fact that I needed to read an entire book on book clubs. Usually for my literacy class we just cover about 4-5 journal articles a week and usually I get around to reading/skimming all of them.

scented markers! the joys of grad school.


Normally, this wouldn't be such an inconvenience, but this week also just so happens to be when I am leading the group discussion about one of the articles. My article covers African American women's clubs in the late 19th century. It would be great to be able to compare the book about white women's book clubs to this article, but its been a struggle to get it all read. This is just one of those times I wish I would have taken a speed reading course... or that osmosis worked and I could simply absorb all of the information possible by just putting my head on the book.. I would take either of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment