Friday, March 2, 2012

It's officially... unofficial.

I don't know if ya'll are familiar but going to a state school has it's perks. One of them is celebrating obscure and totally fabricated holidays by drinking yourself to death. The University of Illinois celebrates Unofficial St. Patrick's Day every spring to the chagrin of the administration. I can't tell you how many emails I have had over the past week preemptively warning me about this celebration (at least 6 different ones). They've been everything from thinly veiled threats (you will be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest) to general warnings (campus gets a little rowdy).

As an undergrad I definitely attended my fair share of these celebrations. Now that I am a graduate student I must be to old for these kinds of raucous celebrations, right?

right. 

1 comment: